After months of careful consideration and many late nights spent reading (and re-reading) more than 250 submissions, Geist is pleased to announce the short list for the First Annual Geist Erasure Poetry Contest. Congratulations to the short-listed entrants!
- Janet Baker, "A week passed--"
- Maxianne Berger, Wabi-Sabi
- Amanda Earl, "Carly grew fried..."
- Joy Hamilton, Daydreaming
- Sam Helmer, A Family Gathering
- Renae Keep, ape
- Patty Milligan, Uncouth
- Kathryn Mockler, Companion
- Raymond Nakamura, Had Me At
- Karen Press, My Word
The three winners will be announced in Geist 83, our winter issue, out in January 2012.
Honourable mentions will be available to read at geist.com in January 2012.